WRC 10 Review - no pain, no gain

If you have not played a WRC game yet, especially in recent years, you will hurt you with WRC 10. It s fantastic, do not get me wrong. But it s also one of the most difficult games I ve been playing for a very long time. There is a reason why the KT Racing Rally Championship series won the nickname Dark Souls of Racing Games , and WRC 10 is impatient to maintain this title. This one is not for sensitive souls and will test the courage of the most confident drivers.

On the other hand, if you know the WRC franchise, much of what you will find this time you will make you feel at home. You will have no trouble embarking on a multitude of modes, including scenarios that remind some of the emblematic moments of all time in rally races when registering your first license. However, I can not help but get the impression that KT Racing missed the checkmark by developing the WRC 10 approach with beginners.

I am in no way an expert in Rallycross. I am the first guy who probably needs to follow hours of tutorials and lessons to learn the shades of car line like these, on tracks like them. And coming from Gran Turismo Sport - a game that celebrates love for automobiles in a much more accessible way - I may have been a little spoiled by the way this game manages to communicate its systems. But WRC 10 is content to throw you first in the big bath with cement shoes. It s as if he wanted to fail, again and again, in order to improve.

Since there is almost nothing in tutorials in WRC 10, I have not found any problem to skip immediately in the career mode. It s crushing at the beginning (as for all the rest), but respect it, and you will find under the hood a truly rewarding experience. Different departments must be sought and developed to improve on the track; For example, a strong meteorologist is required to anticipate drastic climate change that may occur.

The gloves stand out when it s finally time to take the track, though. For each upgrade or new employee that you acquire, they can not do much if there is nothing but you, the car and the road. WRC 10 does not shoot any hardcore simulation mechanics. It s a difficult game, but gave me more satisfaction to improve myself than maybe any other race simulation before it. Too much under-turn or surviving? You will probably turn. You do not have the right tires for the conditions? I promise you will fly from the mountain in the way of Thelma and Louise in the blink of an eye. But it is the beauty of WRC 10, and control its subtleties is essential, yes, but brilliantly entertaining at the same time.

I also admit that part of the joy for me was to use the new ThrustMaster T248 steering wheel. The last Thrustmaster belt drive wheel makes it easy to feel the weight of the car during the drift of turns or fly over jumps. If you come from something like Assetto Corsa, I m sure you ll find things to pinail. But I found that the return of power was perfectly adequate, and everything from the Thrustmaster T150 to a Logitech G29 and beyond, will offer excellent simulation experience.

Speaking of simulation, this word does not apply only to the driving of WRC 10. The audio that the KT Racing team has prepared for the game this year is incredible, so much so that it requires a solid Pair of headphones to appreciate it. The engines roar, the tires scrape and hang on the gravel, the fans applaud, the co-drots crack on the helmet, and all the rest assembles in a way that reminds me how important the sound is important for any course of race .

While some embedding bugs appeared in my time with WRC 10, I did not notice much to complain about. I had two falls over the last fifteen hours, and there were some moments when I swear I was not paid correctly for reaching a goal. And thinking about it, it may be a much greater slap than I thought. My rally career has already become synonymous with spectacular falls and deadly falls. I should at least be paid in time.

WRC 10 will not be for everyone, but I think those who love it to love. The driving is excellent, and the sound design is next to nothing. In addition, it offers an in-depth career mode and several historical scenarios in which you can put yourself thoroughly. One minute is very frustrating for you; The following, you raise the fist in the air to the milliseconds that you could shave. And that s the race.

Comments

Popular Posts